- Preoperative evaluations with the surgeon
- Medical specialists during your stay in hospital (surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse)
- All hospital services (e.g. room, meals, operating room costs)
- Surgical materials needed for your procedure and recommended by the doctor.
- Drugs required for your procedure
- Additional costs to provide your treatment (e.g. rental of special equipment)
- One follow up visit with the surgeon.
- Treatment clinically required related to your procedure: physiotherapy, removal of plaster casts, sutures, required radiology or tests.
- Any re-admission to the hospital in Valencia, if medical complications arise from the original procedure.
Once you send your documentation and required tests, the doctor will determine if you are an eligible candidate for this procedure. If you have been obese for several years (BMI 27 or moreUnsuccessful results of nonsurgical treatments To have a real purpose of new health habits (diet and exercise) May not be suitable if upper abdominal surgery has previously been done.
POSE surgeryIs an endoscopic procedure without cuts into the abdomen with minimal post-operative pain, low risk and quick recovery, which reduces the capacity of the stomach. Increase the feeling of being full during meals
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Under general anaesthetic, a small endoscope is introduced through the mouth of the patient. Once placed in your stomach, folds are created. It is a one-day procedure, but overnight stay is required for observation.
- Incisionless surgery
- Fast return to normal activities
- May be reversible
- Loss of excess body weight (combined with diet and exercise)
- Reduces the risk of infection
- No one knows that you have had the procedure done.
Apart from exercises, or diets, some alternatives are more invasive:
- Lap banding
- Gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric balloons
Every procedure has its own risks. 95% of patients will have no complication during a procedure, but it is necessary to know about them. It is important to compare risks to potential benefits.
COMMONS RISKS (2-5 PATIENTS OUT OF 100)
- Temporary nausea
- Sore throat
Within a few days is possible to return to normal activity. After a two days with only liquid diet, a normal diet is possible after a short period of time.