- Preoperative evaluations with the surgeon
- Medical specialists during your stay in hospital (surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse)
- All hospital services (e.g. room, meals, operating room costs)
- Surgical materials needed for your procedure and recommended by the doctor.
- Drugs required for your procedure
- Additional costs to provide your treatment (e.g. rental of special equipment)
- One follow up visit with the surgeon.
- Treatment clinically required related to your procedure: physiotherapy, removal of plaster casts, sutures, required radiology or tests.
- Any re-admission to the hospital in Valencia, if medical complications arise from the original procedure.
Once you send your documentation and required tests, the doctor will determine if you are an eligible candidate for this procedure. If you have been obese for several years (BMI 40 or more) Unsuccessful results of nonsurgical treatments. To have a real purpose of new health habits (diet and exercise)
Bariatric surgeryBariatric surgery is performed laparoscopically through small incisions. This results in shorter hospital stays and fast recovery.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Digestive tract is reconfigured to give a feeling of fullness.
- Lost of excess body weight (combined with diet and exercise).
- Improving general health.
- Improving quality of life.
Apart from exercises, or dietsor drug therapies some alternates are:
- Lap banding
- Gastric balloons
Every procedure has its own risks. 95% of patients will have no complication during a procedure, but it is necessary to know about them. It is important to compare risks to potential benefits.
COMMONS RISKS (2-5 PATIENTS OUT OF 100)
- Leeks in gut connections
- Bleeding ulcers
- Heart attacks
- Gallstones requiring gallbladder removal.
- Wound infection
LESS COMMONS RISKS (1-2 PATIENTS OUT OF 100)
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Pulmonary embolism
RARE RISKS (LESS THAN 1 PATIENT OUT OF 100)
- Incisional hernia
- Bowel obstruction
- Internal hernia
- Stomal stenosis
- Micronutrient deficiencies
- Marginal ulcer
During two weeks only a liquid diet is eaten, this may cause muscle weakness. This will pass over time as a normal diet is recovered. It is necessary to wait up to four weeks before you can eat your normal range of foods. The amount of weight loss is different depending on each person(do not compare with others)..