- Preoperative evaluations with the surgeon
- Medical specialists during your stay in hospital (surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse)
- All hospital services (e.g. room, meals, operating room costs)
- Surgical materials needed for your procedure and recommended by the doctor.
- Drugs required for your procedure
- Additional costs to provide your treatment (e.g. rental of special equipment)
- One follow up visit with the surgeon.
- Treatment clinically required related to your procedure: physiotherapy, removal of plaster casts, sutures, required radiology or tests.
- Any re-admission to the hospital in Valencia, if medical complications arise from the original procedure.
Once you send your documentation and required tests, the doctor will determine if you are an eligible candidate for this procedure. The ideal breast size will be calculated depending on each patient analysis . Quality of skin and physical constitution are taken into account.
Breast augmentation surgeryThis surgery involves the insertion of artificial implants into the breasts.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Inserting implants through a small incision, using anesthesia, the implant is positionned looking for a natural result. Scars are placed in the natural fold of the breast so as to be as insconspicuous as possible.
The purpose of the surgery is to enlarge the breasts due to:
- Personal feeling about having a small breast size.
- After pregnancy to correct a loss in breast volume
- As a reconstructive technique
- Replacement of breast implants due to medical or aestethic reasons
Implants are an elective surgical operation. Some alternatives are:
- Not undergoing to surgery
- Using external protheses
- Transfer other body tissues
Every procedure has its own risks. 95% of patients will have no complication during a procedure, but it is necessary to know about them. It is important to compare risks to potential benefits.
COMMONS RISKS (2-5 PATIENTS OUT OF 100)
- Painful capsular contracture
- Disturbance of nipple sensation (partial or complete)
LESS COMMONS RISKS (1-2 PATIENTS OUT OF 100)
- Rupture of the implants (natural abortion)
RARE RISKS (LESS THAN 1 PATIENT OUT OF 100)
- Lesion of the optical nerve
- Abnormal scaring
- Local allergies
Some bandages are applied to aid healing, and use of surgical bra is compulsory. After seven days stitches are removed. Up to 5 weeks are required in order to feel completely comfortable again.. Breasts implants do not last forever. Future surgery may be necessary for replacement or removal.